lds-scriptures v3.0 rc1

It’s been a long time on my plate, and I’ve finally gotten around to it again, in my recent desire to finish up projects I’ve started a long time ago. This time, the LDS Scriptures exports are almost complete. I’m already done with the database exports, and I’m posting them online so I can hopefully get some feedback if there are any errors. The packaging isn’t complete, as I’ve only got Sqlite 2, 3, MySQL and PostgreSQL done. Once I know the schema is good to go, I’ll get to all the other formats (Access, CSV, XML, etc.).

The big change in this release is that the database is normalized and cleaned up considerably. Almost all the column names have been simplified, and I dropped a lot of cruft as well. You can see the current ChangeLog I have written up here.

The only thing that is left to do is write the documentation, which can be a little time-consuming. I want to make sure it’s done right, because I most likely won’t be touching it again for a few years. You can download the database dumps here.

Edit: An XML dump is available now as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s