I submitted another revision bump to RealPlayer in the portage tree, and this one again just has minor changes which hopefully will help out.Â All I did was make symlinks of some of the codecs to the older versions, so that when you use mplayer (or mplayer-bin) it will use the (latest) real libs to playback the file.
The reason this is an issue is because when you compile MPlayer with support for Real’s libraries, it will first look in the directory you configure for theirs alone, and then fallback on the directory for where your 32 bit binary codecs are.Â Some of the binary codec files though exist in both the RealPlayer package and the win32codecs one.Â mplayer-bin was whining when it couldn’t find some in real’s directory, but it could in win32’s, so I symlinked the new ones to their older versions.
I’m sure I just confused everyone, but all I’m trying to say is that I fixed a minor issue which might be bugging a small amount of people on a limited amount of streams. :)
I’m also working on bumping mplayer-bin if you haven’t noticed already.Â Building emulation packages is new for me, so don’t be surprised when I screw up royally and it doesn’t work.Â It’s a work in progress.